SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO helps your website owners rank your website pages higher in Google search results. SEO is for all search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex and so on. But to be honest, almost everybody uses Google. That’s why we always say “google it”.
SEO gives you a checklist of must-do list to rank in the first page on Google. Google indexing and ranking algorithms are getting better each day. That makes SEO tricks hard and bad for your website. It is better to focus on content and white hat SEO (normal content optimization). No tricks or hacks! just show content in the way that appeals to people and search engines.
SEO Checklist 🔗
- write enough content for the topic. make sure the post is full enough to tell all the things related to the post title.
- include images and videos inside the post to illustrate the topic to the reader.
- try to optimize readability by using common words and short sentences.
- optimize your website webpage load time. make sure the loading of your webpage is almost instant (a.k.a less than 2 seconds).
- lazyload images by adding
<img>tag in HTML. Or just use a SEO-optimized theme.
- setup Google Search Console .
- setup Bing Webmaster Tools .
- setup Google Analytics .
- If you are using WordPress as a Content Management System (CMS) for your blog, install Yaost plugin .
- answer questions in Quora, Reddit, and other online forums. Give people short answers for their questions and tell them to read more on your website blog post.
- use the title most users will type to search.
- use short urls.
altin your images.
- Use Synonyms and LSI Keywords (related words).
- identify crawler error on Google search console and fix them.
- make sure your website mobile-friendly.
- fix broken links.
- secure website with HTTPS. Add SSl certificate.
- Build backlinks by guest posting and interviews with other bloggers.
- interlinking. link to other posts that are related to your current post.
- generate and submit a sitemap.xml to Google, Bing and other search engines.
- create robots.txt file.