Zig is a general-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaining robust, optimal, and reusable software.
A Simple Language 🔗
Focus on debugging your application rather than debugging your programming language knowledge.
- No hidden control flow.
- No hidden memory allocations.
- No preprocessor, no macros.
A fresh approach to metaprogramming based on compile-time code execution and lazy evaluation.
- Call any function at compile-time.
- Manipulate types as values without runtime overhead.
- Comptime emulates the target architecture.
Maintain it with Zig 🔗
Incrementally improve your C/C++/Zig codebase.
- Use Zig as a zero-dependency, drop-in C/C++ compiler that supports cross-compilation out-of-the-box.
- Leverage zig build to create a consistent development environment across all platforms.
- Add a Zig compilation unit to C/C++ projects; cross-language LTO is enabled by default.